What is CELL function in Excel?
The CELL function is one of the Information functions of Excel.
It Returns information about the formatting, location, or contents of the first cell, according to the sheet reading order, in a reference.
We can find this function in the Information category of the insert function Tab.
How to use CELL function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Information category.
5. Select CELL function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see CELL function.
8. Info_type section is a text value that specifies what type of cell information you want.
9. Reference section is the cell that you want information about.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of CELL function in Excel
CELL related functions
- Use INFO function to return information about the current operating environment.