What is DAY function in Excel?
The DAY function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the day of the month, a number from 1 to 31.
We can find this function in Date & Time of insert function Tab.
How to use DAY function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select DAY function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see DAY function.
8. Serial number section is a number in the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel.
9. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of DAY function in excel
Python code for DAY function
import datetime d = datetime.datetime.now() print(d.strftime("%d"))
What is the purpose of DAY function?
What is the Return value of DAY function?
How many arguments does DAY function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports DAY function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in DAY function
DAY related functions
- Use YEAR function to return the year of a date, an integer in the range 1900 – 9999.
- Use MONTH function to return the month, a number from 1 (January) to 12 (December).
- Use DATE function to return the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.
- Use YEARFRAC function to return the year fraction representing the number of whole days between start_date and end date.