What is DAYS function in Excel?
The DAYS function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the number of days between the two dates.
We can find this function in Date & Time of insert function Tab.
How to use DAYS function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select DAYS function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see DAYS function.
8&9-Start_date and end_date are the two dates between which you want to know the number of days.
10. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of DAYS function in excel
Python code for DAYS function
import datetime Start_day = datetime.date(2021, 1, 1) End_day = datetime.date(2022, 1, 1) days=End_day-Start_day print(days)
What is the purpose of DAYS function?
What is the Return value of DAYS function?
How many arguments does DAYS function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports DAYS function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in DAYS function
DAYS related functions
- Use DAY function to return the day of the month, a number from 1 to 31.
- Use DAYS360 function to return the number of days between two dates based on a 360-day year.
- Use YEARFRAC function to return the year fraction representing the number of whole days between start_date and end date.
- NETWORKDAYS function