What is EDATE function in Excel?
The EDATE function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the serial number of the date which is the indicated number of months before or after the start date.
We can find this function in Date & Time category of the insert function Tab.
How to use EDATE function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select EDATE function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see EDATE function.
8. Start date is a serial date number that represents the start date.
9. Month Is the number of months before or after start_date.
10. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of EDATE function in excel
What is the purpose of EDATE function?
What is the Return value of EDATE function?
How many arguments does EDATE function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports EDATE function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in EDATE function
EDATE related functions
- EOMONTH function
- WORKDAY function
- Use DATE function to return the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.
- DATEDIF function