What is EOMONTH function in Excel?
The EOMONTH function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the serial number of the last day of the month before or after a specified number of months.
We can find this function in Date & Time category of insert function Tab
How to use EOMONTH function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select EOMONTH function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see EOMONTH function.
8. Start_date section is a serial date number that represents the start date.
9. Months section is the number of months before or after the start_date.
10. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of EOMONTH function in excel
What is the purpose of EOMONTH function?
What is the Return value of EOMONTH function?
How many arguments does EOMONTH function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports EOMONTH function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in EOMONTH function
EOMONTH related functions
- Use EDATE function to return the serial number of the date which is the indicated number of months before or after the start date
- Use MONTH function to return the month, a number from 1 (January) to 12 (December).