What is AVERAGE function in Excel?
The AVERAGE function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It Returns the average (arithmetic mean) of its arguments, which can be numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
We can find this function in Statistical of insert function Tab.
How to use AVERAGE function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select AVERAGE function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see AVERAGE function.
8. Number1: number1,number2,… sections are 1 to 255 numeric arguments for which you want the average.
9. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of AVERAGE function in Excel
AVERAGE related functions
- MEDIAN function
- MODE function
- Use AVERAGEIF function to find the average for the cells specified by a given condition or criteria.
- Use AVEDEV function to return the average of the absolute deviations of data points from their mean.