What is AVERAGEA function in Excel?
The AVERAGEA function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the average (arithmetic mean) of its arguments, evaluating text and FALSE in arguments as 0; TRUE evaluates as 1.
Arguments can be numbers, names, arrays, or references.
We can find this function in Statistical category of the insert function Tab.
How to use AVERAGEA function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select AVERAGEA function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see AVERAGEA function.
8. Value1: value1,value2,… sections are 1 to 255 arguments for which you want the average.
9. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of AVERAGEA function in Excel
AVERAGEA related functions
- Use AVERAGE function to return the average of its arguments, which can be numbers or names, arrays, or references.
- Use AVERAGEIF function to find the average for the cells specified by a given condition or criteria.
- Use AVERAGEIFS function to find average for the cells specified by a given set of conditions or criteria.