What is AVERAGEIF function in Excel?
The AVERAGEIF function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It finds the average(arithmetic mean) for the cells specified by a given condition or criteria.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use AVERAGEIF function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select AVERAGEIF function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see AVERAGEIF function.
8. Range section is the range of cells you want to be evaluated.
9. Criteria is the condition or criteria in the form of a number, expression, or text that defines which cells will be used to find the average.
10. Average range is the actual cells to be used to find the average. If omitted, the cells in the range are used.
11. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of AVERAGEIF function in Excel
AVERAGEIF related functions
- Use AVERAGE function to return the average of its arguments, which can be numbers or names, arrays, or references.
- Use AVERAGEIFS function to find average for the cells specified by a given set of conditions or criteria.
- Use AVERAGEA function to return the average of its arguments, evaluating text and FALSE in arguments as 0; TRUE evaluates as 1.