What is AVERAGEIFS function in Excel?
The AVERAGEIFS function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It Finds average(arithmetic mean) for the cells specified by a given set of conditions or criteria.
We can find this function in Statistical category of the insert function Tab.
How to use AVERAGEIFS function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select AVERAGEIFS function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see AVERAGEIFS function.
8. Average range: the actual cells to be used to find the average.
9. Criteria_range1: is the range of cells you want to be evaluated for the particular condition.
10. Criteria1: is the condition or criteria in the form of a number, expression, or text that defines which cells will be used to find the average.
11. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of AVERAGEIFS function in Excel
AVERAGEIFS related functions
- Use AVERAGE function to return the average of its arguments, which can be numbers or names, arrays, or references.
- Use AVERAGEIF function to find the average for the cells specified by a given condition or criteria.
- Use AVERAGEA function to return the average of its arguments, evaluating text and FALSE in arguments as 0; TRUE evaluates as 1.
- MODE function