What is CONFIDENCE.T function in Excel?
The CONFIDENCE.T function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It Returns the confidence interval for a population mean, using a Student T distribution.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use CONFIDENCE.T function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select CONFIDENCE.T function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see CONFIDENCE.T function.
8. Alpha is the significance level used to compute the confidence level, a number greater than 0 and less than 1.
9. Standard_dev is the population standard deviation for the data range and is assumed to be known. Standard_dev must be greater than 0.
10. Size is the sample size.
11. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of CONFIDENCE.T function in Excel
CONFIDENCE.T related functions
- Use CONFIDENCE.NORM to return the confidence interval for a population mean, using a normal distribution.