What is COUNTBLANK function in Excel?
The COUNTBLANK function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It counts the number of empty cells in a specified range of cells.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use COUNTBLANK function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select COUNTBLANK function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see COUNTBLANK function.
8. Range is the range from which you want to count the empty cells.
9. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of COUNTBLANK function in Excel
COUNTBLANK related functions
- Use COUNT function to count the number of cells in a range that contains numbers.
- Use COUNTA function to count the number of cells in a range that are not empty.
- Use COUNTIF function to count the number of cells within a range that meet the given condition.
- Use COUNTIFS function to count the number of cells specified by a given set of conditions or criteria.