What is COUNTIF function in Excel?
The COUNTIF function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It counts the number of cells within a range that meet the given condition.
We can find this function in Statistical category of the insert function Tab.
How to use COUNTIF function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select COUNTIF function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see COUNTIF function.
8. Range is the range of cells from which you want to count nonblank cells.
9. Criteria is the condition in the form of a number, expression, or text that defines which cells will be counted.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of COUNTIF function in Excel
COUNTIF related functions
- Use COUNT function to count the number of cells in a range that contains numbers.
- Use COUNTBLANK function to count the number of empty cells in a specified range of cells.
- Use COUNTA function to count the number of cells in a range that are not empty.
- Use COUNTIFS function to count the number of cells specified by a given set of conditions or criteria.