What is F.INV function in Excel?
The F.INV function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the inverse of the (left-tailed) F probability distribution: if p = F.DIST(x,…), then F.INV(p,…) = x.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use F.INV function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select F.INV function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see F.INV function.
8. Probability is a probability associated with the F cumulative distribution, a number between 0 and 1 inclusive.
9. Deg_freedom1 is the numerator degrees of freedom, a number between 1 and 10^10, excluding 10^10.
10. Deg_freedom2 is the denominator degrees of freedom, a number between 1 and 10^10, excluding 10^10.
11. You will see the results in the formula result section.
Examples of F.INV function in Excel
F.INV related functions
- USE F.DIST function to return the F probability distribution for two data sets.
- Use F.DIST.RT function to return the exponential distribution.
- Use F.INV.RT function to return the (right-tailed) F probability distribution (degree of diversity) for two data sets.
- Use F.TEST function to return the inverse of the (left-tailed) F probability distribution: if p = F.DIST(x,…), then F.INV(p,…) = x.