What is FREQUENCY function in Excel?
The FREQUENCY function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It calculates how often values occur within a range of values and then returns a vertical array of numbers having one more element than Bins_array.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use FREQUENCY function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select FREQUENCY function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see FREQUENCY function.
8. Data_array is an array of or reference to a set of values for which you want to count frequencies (blanks and text are ignored).
9. Bins_array is an array of or reference to intervals into which you want to group the values in data_array.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.