What is HARMEAN function in Excel?
The HARMEAN function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the harmonic mean of a data set of positive numbers: the reciprocal of the arithmetic mean of reciprocals.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use HARMEAN function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select HARMEAN function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see HARMEAN function.
8. Number1: number1,number2,… are 1 to 255 numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers for which you want the harmonic mean.
9. Number2: number1,number2,… are 1 to 255 numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers for which you want the harmonic mean.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.