What is HYPGEOM.DIST function in Excel?
The HYPGEOM.DIST function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the hypergeometric distribution.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use HYPGEOM.DIST function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select HYPGEOM.DIST function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see HYPGEOM.DIST function.
8. Sample s is the number of successes in the sample.
9. Number_sample is the size of the sample.
10. Population_s is the number of successes in the population.
11. Number_pop is the population size.
12. Cumulative is a logical value: for the cumulative distribution function, use TRUE; for the probability density function, use FALSE.
13. You will see the results in the formula result section.