What is INTERCEPT function in Excel?
The INTERCEPT function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It calculates the point at which a line will intersect the y-axis by using a best-fit regression line plotted through the known x-values and y-values.
We can find this function in Statistical category of insert function Tab.
How to use INTERCEPT function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select INTERCEPT function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see INTERCEPT function.
8. Known_ys is the dependent set of observations or data and can be numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
9. Known_xs is the independent set of observations or data and can be numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.