What is NEGBINOM.DIST function in Excel?
The NEGBINOM.DIST function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the negative binomial distribution, the probability that there will be Number f failures before the Number_s-th success, with Probability _s probability of a success.
We can find this function in Statistical of insert function Tab.
How to use NEGBINOM.DIST function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select NEGBINOM.DIST function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see NEGBINOM.DIST function.
8. Number_f is the number of failures.
9. Number_s is the threshold number of successes.
10. Probability_s is the probability of a success; a number between O and 1.
11. Cumulative is a logical value: for the cumulative distribution function, use TRUE; for the probability mass function, use FALSE.
12. You will see the results in the formula result section.