What is PERMUTATIONA function in Excel?
The PERMUTATIONA function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the number of permutations for a given number of objects (with repetitions) that can be selected from the total objects.
We can find this function in Statistical of insert function Tab.
How to use PERMUTATIONA function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select PERMUTATIONA function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see PERMUTATIONA function.
8. Number is the total number of objects.
9. Number_chosen is the number of objects in each permutation.
10. You will see the results in the formula result section.