What is PROB function in Excel?
The PROB function is one of the Statistical functions of Excel.
It returns the probability that values in a range are between two limits or equal to a lower limit.
We can find this function in Statistical of insert function Tab.
How to use PROB function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select STATISTICAL category.
5. Select PROB function.
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see PROB function.
8. X_range is the range of numeric values of x with which there are associated probabilities.
9. Prob_range is the set of probabilities associated with values in X_range, values between 0 and 1 and excluding 0.
10. Lower_limit is the lower bound on the value for which you want a probability.
11. Upper_limit is the optional upper bound on the value. If omitted, PROB returns the probability that X_range values are equal to Lower_limit.
12. You will see the results in the formula result section.