What is HOUR function in Excel?
The HOUR function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the hour as a number from 0 (12:00 A.M.) to 23 (11:00 P.M.J.).
We can find this function in Date & Time category of the insert function Tab.
How to use HOUR function in excel
- Click on empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select HOUR function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see HOUR function.
8. Serial number is a number in the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel, or text in time format, such as 16:48:00 or 4:48:00 PM.
9. You will see the result in the formula result section
Examples of HOUR function in excel
Python code for HOUR function
import datetime as dt Hour=dt.datetime.now().hour print(Hour)
What is the purpose of HOUR function?
What is the Return value of HOUR function?
How many arguments does HOUR function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports HOUR function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in HOUR function
HOUR related functions
- Use MINUTE function to return the minute, a number from 0 to 59.
- Use SECOND function to return the second, a number from 0 to 59.
- Use TIME function to convert hours, minutes, and seconds given as numbers to an Excel serial number, formatted with a time format.
- Use NOW function to change false to true or changes true to false.