What is MONTH Function in Excel?
The MONTH function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the month, a number from 1 (January) to 12 (December).
We can find this function in Date & Time of insert function Tab.
How to use MONTH function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select MONTH function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see MONTH function.
8. Serial number section is a number in the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel.
9. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of MONTH function in excel
What is the purpose of MONTH function?
What is the Return value of MONTH function?
How many arguments does MONTH function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports MONTH function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in MONTH function
MONTH related functions
- Use DAY function to return the day of the month, a number from 1 to 31.
- Use DATE function to return the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.
- Use YEAR function to return the year of a date, an integer in the range 1900 – 9999.
- Use EOMONTH function to return the serial number of the last day of the month before or after a specified number of months.