What is SECOND function in Excel?
The SECOND function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It Returns the second, a number from 0 to 59.
We can find this function in Date & Time category of insert function Tab.
How to use SECOND function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select SECOND function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see SECOND function.
8. Serial number is a number in the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel or text in time format, such as 16:48:23 or 4:48:47 PM.
9. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of SECOND function in excel
What is the purpose of SECOND function?
What is the Return value of SECOND function?
How many arguments does SECOND function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports SECOND function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in SECOND function
SECOND related functions
- Use HOUR function to return the hour as a number from 0 to 23.
- Use MINUTE function to return the minute, a number from 0 to 59.
- Use TIME function to convert hours, minutes, and seconds given as numbers to an Excel serial number, formatted with a time format.
- Use DATE function to return the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.