What is SHEETS function in Excel?
The SHEETS function is one of the Information functions of Excel.
It Returns the number of sheets in a reference.
We can find this function in Information of insert function Tab.
How to use SHEETS function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Information category.
5. Select SHEETS function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see SHEETS function.
8. Reference section is a reference for which you want to know the number of sheets it contains. If omitted the number of sheets in the workbook containing the function is returned.
9. You will see the results in the formula result section.
SHEETS related functions
- Use SHEET function to return the sheet number of the referenced sheet.