What is the TIME function in Excel?
The TIME function is one of the Date & Time functions of Excel.
It converts hours, minutes, and seconds given as numbers to an Excel serial number, formatted with a time format.
We can find this function in Date & Time category of insert function Tab.
How to use TIME function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select TIME function
6. Then select ok.
7. In the function arguments Tab you will see TIME function.
8. Hour section is a number from 0 to 23 representing the hour.
9. Minute section is a number from 0 to 59 representing the minute.
10. Second section is a number from 0 to 59 representing the second.
11. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of TIME function in excel
What is the purpose of TIME function?
What is the Return value of TIME function?
How many arguments does TIME function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports TIME function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in TIME function
TIME related functions
- Use HOUR function to return the hour as a number from 0 to 23.
- Use MINUTE function to return the minute, a number from 0 to 59.
- Use SECOND function to return the second, a number from 0 to 59.
- Use TIMEVALUE function to convert a text time to an Excel serial number for a time, a number from (12:00:00 AM) to (11:59:59 PM).