What is YEAR function in Excel?
The YEAR function is one of the (Date & Time) functions of Excel.
It Returns the year of a date, an integer in the range 1900 – 9999.
We can find this function in Date & Time category of insert function Tab.
How to use YEAR function in excel
- Click on an empty cell (like F5).
2. Click on the fx icon (or press shift+F3).
3. In the insert function tab you will see all functions.
4. Select Date & Time category.
5. Select YEAR function
6. Then select ok.
7. In function arguments Tab you will see YEAR function.
8. Serial number is a number in the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel.
9. You will see the result in the formula result section.
Examples of YEAR function in excel
What is the purpose of YEAR function?
What is the Return value of YEAR function?
How many arguments does YEAR function have?
This function has just 1 Argument.
The argument of ABS function is number.
The argument of ABS function is required and not optional.
Which version of excel supports YEAR function?
This function is available for all excel versions (2003-2019)
Errors in YEAR function
YEAR related functions
- Use MONTH function to return the month, a number from 1 (January) to 12 (December).
- Use DAY function to return the day of the month, a number from 1 to 31.
- Use DATE function to return the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.
- Use YEARFRAC function to return the year fraction representing the number of whole days between start_date and end date.